Alex Janes in the Business School found wikis to be an effective tool for overcoming some of the challenges of teaching a large cohort of students. In 2010, he used wikis to support the learning of 465 students from 40 different countries on the Masters level ‘Strategy’ Module.
In this 5 minute video, Alex reflects on:
- The benefits of using wikis
- How the wiki helped the international cohort
- The difficulties of using wikis
- Establishing a teachingfacilitation presence within the wikis for formative feedback
- How the wikis helped to support the learning community